Ticket #1120 (assigned defect)

Opened 7 years ago

Last modified 5 years ago

Unit tests fail/take too long

Reported by: leonwlaw Owned by: justinc
Priority: major Milestone:
Component: test module Version: 0.1t
Severity: High Keywords:
Cc: vijay, varungarg, sebass63, hivijayreddy@… Blocking:
Blocked By:

Description

These tests don't pass on either version:

  • ut_seattlelibtests_teststruct.py
  • ut_repytests_testnetbothdup.py
  • ut_repytests_testnetconndup.py
  • ut_repytests_testrecvmessfunctions.py
  • ut_repytests_testwaitforconnfunctions.py
  • ut_seattlelibtests_testgeoip_client.py
  • ut_seattlelibtests_testopenDHTadvertise.py

These tests did not finish running in a timely manner, on both versions:

  • ut_repytests_testnetmessdup.py
  • ut_repytests_testcleanup.py
  • ut_repytests_testcleanupudp.py
  • ut_repytests_testloopbind.py
  • ut_repynetworktests_multiple_iface_trybind.py
  • ut_seattlelibtests_testhttpserver.py
  • ut_seattlelibtests_testparallelize.py
  • ut_seattlelibtests_testpyDes.py
  • ut_seattlelibtests_testrsa.py
  • ut_seattlelibtests_testsshkey.py
  • ut_seattlelibtests_testxmlrpc.py

Change History

  Changed 7 years ago by justinc

  • cc vijay, varungarg added
  • owner set to monzum
  • status changed from new to assigned
  • severity changed from Medium to Low
  • priority changed from major to minor

Monzur: Can you confirm these don't work? (I want a quick check on another setup.)

If these can be replicated, we can bump them over to someone else for a fix.

  Changed 7 years ago by monzum

  • priority changed from minor to major
  • severity changed from Low to High

I looked into these tests (in particularly ut_repytests_testnetmessdup.py), and the test seems to hang forever. Looking a little deeper into this, I found that commit r5204 for emulcomm.py broke this. The test seems to run properly using emulcomm.py fromm r5164. r5204 made two lines of change in emulcomm.py that affects recvmess and sendmess.

  Changed 7 years ago by justinc

  • cc sebass63 added
  • owner changed from monzum to justinc

Interesting. I guess this is Sebastian's commit from a while back.

Sebastian: can you fix this? Just promptly let me know either way.

  Changed 7 years ago by sebass63

Not certain. I don't remember this change breaking anything when I pushed it, but I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's going on.

in reply to: ↑ description   Changed 7 years ago by varungarg

I looked into these tests I found out that none of the tests pass successfully with the present version of emulcomm.py.

However, most the tests pass successfully with the emulcomm.py r5164.
The tests that fail to run are with r5164 are:

•ut_seattlelibtests_teststruct.py
•ut_seattlelibtests_testgeoip_client.py
•ut_seattlelibtests_testopenDHTadvertise.py
•ut_repynetworktests_multiple_iface_trybind.py

  Changed 6 years ago by justinc

  • cc hivijayreddy@… added

  Changed 5 years ago by albert

  • component changed from - to test module
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.